Manitowoc has set out to put the commercial restaurant equipment industry on notice with a whole new level of thinking when it comes to ice machines. Their new NEO line of ice machines is designed to take the ice machine to that new level of thinking by adding in a host of features and conveniences that a create a more efficient and use operations friendly environment. In the past, ice machines would sit in the corner and do their thing without little interaction. While this may have worked well for restaurants in the past, today’s restaurant owner knows that the better they maintain their equipment the more energy efficient and reliable it will be.
So how did Manitowoc achieve this lofty goal of creating the way the restaurant industry thinks about ice machines? First, they brought the under counter ice machines to a new production level by increasing ice production over previous models. The new NEO ice machines can produce up to forty pounds more of ice than previous models depending on the two models being compared. This extra production capacity means that your restaurant will have ice when it needs it and even handle those high demand periods a little better. The added bonus is that NEO ice machines keep the same floor footprint as their predecessors.
Energy efficiency isn’t sacrificed for the increase in production though; in fact it’s quote the opposite. The NEO lowers energy and water use by a minimum of 10% over the life of the unit according to Manitowoc. That’s a direct saves to the operating costs of the restaurant.
The Manitowoc NEO under counter ice machine also features several conveniences designed with the restaurant industry in mind:
1. Easy access angled door lifts up and slides out of the way with just a few fingers making the ice scoop more visible and easier to use. Especially when you have your other hand full.
2. Pop-out air filter protects against lint, grease and dust. It is easily removed from the unit with no tools and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
3. The ice storage bin slide forwards to easily be removed for servicing of the refrigeration components without having to move the entire machine to turn it around and access the refrigeration from behind as with other units on the market.
Operation of the Manitowoc NEO is easier than ever as the unit itself offers an easy to understand operation and feed back panel featuring a bright easy-to-read display panel light up by long-life LED lights located in to see slanted panel on the front of the machine. This interface panel features five feedback and operation points:
1. A power indicator lights when the unit is in production mode allowing the operator to easily see at a glance if the unit is in ice making mode.
2. There is a delay feature that allows a pause in ice production that can be set for four, twelve or twenty-four hours. This easy to use function allows a restaurant the ability to better control when the unit is making ice and cut down on energy and water usage on those times when the restaurant has no need for ice production – over nights, holidays, etc. When the selected time has expired, the NEO will automatically resume ice production.
3. A warning indicator will light up when the unit is performing a cleaning cycle
4. No more having to open the bin to see if the unit is full! An indicator lights up on the display panel when the ice bin is full.
5. A bright flashing service required light would warn the operator of problems. No more waiting until the ice machine stops working completely to see that there is a problem.
|Ice Production||130 Lbs||130 Lbs||190 Lbs||190 Lbs|
|Height w/ Legs||38.50"||38.50"||38.50"||38.50"|
|Ice Capacity||90 Lbs||90 Lbs||80 Lbs||80 Lbs|